List of job difficulty zones
- Job Zone One: Little or No Preparation Needed
Little or no previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for these occupations. For example, a person can become a waiter or waitress even if he/she has never worked before.
Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few days to a few months of training. Usually, an experienced worker could show you how to do the job.
These occupations involve following instructions and helping others. Examples include taxi drivers, amusement and recreation attendants, counter and rental clerks, nonfarm animal caretakers, continuous mining machine operators, and waiters/waitresses.
(Below 4.0) (fr - es - de - it - zh - jp - ru - ar)
- Job Zone Two: Some Preparation Needed
Some previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is usually needed. For example, a teller would benefit from experience working directly with the public.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few months to one year of working with experienced employees. A recognized apprenticeship program may be associated with these occupations.
These occupations often involve using your knowledge and skills to help others. Examples include sheet metal workers, forest fire fighters, customer service representatives, physical therapist aides, salespersons (retail), and tellers.
(4.0 to < 6.0) (fr - es - de - it - zh - jp - ru - ar)
- Job Zone Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required for these occupations. For example, an electrician must have completed three or four years of apprenticeship or several years of vocational training, and often must have passed a licensing exam, in order to perform the job.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
Employees in these occupations usually need one or two years of training involving both on-the-job experience and informal training with experienced workers. A recognized apprenticeship program may be associated with these occupations.
These occupations usually involve using communication and organizational skills to coordinate, supervise, manage, or train others to accomplish goals. Examples include food service managers, electricians, agricultural technicians, legal secretaries, occupational therapy assistants, and medical assistants.
(6.0 to < 7.0) (fr - es - de - it - zh - jp - ru - ar)
- Job Zone Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
A considerable amount of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for these occupations. For example, an accountant must complete four years of college and work for several years in accounting to be considered qualified.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
Employees in these occupations usually need several years of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training.
Many of these occupations involve coordinating, supervising, managing, or training others. Examples include accountants, sales managers, database administrators, teachers, chemists, art directors, and cost estimators.
(7.0 to < 8.0) (fr - es - de - it - zh - jp - ru - ar)
- Job Zone Five: Extensive Preparation Needed
Extensive skill, knowledge, and experience are needed for these occupations. Many require more than five years of experience. For example, surgeons must complete four years of college and an additional five to seven years of specialized medical training to be able to do their job.
Most of these occupations require graduate school. For example, they may require a master's degree, and some require a Ph.D., M.D., or J.D. (law degree).
Employees may need some on-the-job training, but most of these occupations assume that the person will already have the required skills, knowledge, work-related experience, and/or training.
These occupations often involve coordinating, training, supervising, or managing the activities of others to accomplish goals. Very advanced communication and organizational skills are required. Examples include librarians, lawyers, sports medicine physicians, wildlife biologists, school psychologists, surgeons, treasurers, and controllers.
(8.0 and above) (fr - es - de - it - zh - jp - ru - ar)
All your job applications, in a single place
Save any job posting or any contact, in a single click, with our magic button. No typing required.
A global view of your career
- No fragmentation: Compatible with any source of job offer you can think of
- The whole picture: link contacts, documents and emails with your job applications
We save you time. All the time.
- Prepares you customized cover letters and application emails
- Finds you the right HR and insider contact
- Automatic interview preparation
- and SO MUCH more…
Backup all your job search
- A copy of your job listings for further reference, in case they're taken down
- Copies of the exact letter and resume you sent
- Notes of your interviews
- That career website password you will forget otherwise
Save all your job search emails
Forward all your career related-emails to your personal assistant.
Get ready for your job interviews
- Detailed insights about companies
- Find out who you already know in the company
- Get salary insights, interview questions and employee ratings
- Live directions to your interview
Apply more easily
- A personal roadmap, with insiders you should contact, info and a draft cover letter.
- Boring application forms filled for you
- Career website passwords backup for later reference
- Cover letters and resumes just one tap away
Get timely reminders
- Reminders about upcoming interviews
- Reminders to follow up at the right time
- Reminders to apply to pinned offers, before it's too late
A personal development program
First time looking for a job ?
- JobMind will quickly give you the advanced techniques
- Actionable tips and advice to be a better professional
- Short-term & long-term goals
- Chat live with a career advisor
And of course…
- JobMind is available in your native language
- You can login with your favorite social network
- iOS, Android, Web